Limited to 20 Dentists! Don’t be disappointed, REGISTER EARLY!
This course will involve didactic and hands-on training together with the opportunity to treat two cases from your own practice under the supervision of Faculty experts including case selection, diagnosis, treatment planning, surgical phase and prosthodontics phase to final completion.
Student dentists may select patients requiring single or multiple implants, but all patients to be treated must be approved by the Faculty as suitable for the educational requirements of the student. Students much provide their own patients!
Treatment Planning Phase:
- Digital workflow – from planning to the final restoration (including intra-oral scanning preoperatively, digital planning, surgical guide fabrication, guided surgery, CAD/CAM crown)
- Prosthetically driven treatment planning and case selection
- Prosthodontic considerations (including biomechanics, occlusion, aesthetics)
- Use of digital planning software and cbCT scans
Surgical Treatment Phase:
- Basic and implant surgical principles (including suturing)
- Stage surgical learning
- Surgical techniques on plastic jaws
- Surgical techniques on Pig jaws
- Surgical techniques on Cadaver Heads
- Live patient treatment (2 cases)
- Implant site preparation (including atraumatic extraction and ridge preservation techniques)
Prosthodontic Treatment Phase:
- Implant site development (including didactic concept on lateral window sinus approach, crestal approach, guided bone regeneration and review of materials such as different types of bone grafts and membrane)
- Prevention and management of implant complications
- Increase case acceptance and team training
Note: This course will meet the new RCDSO Guidelines for Educational Requirements for Implant Dentistry.
LICENSED OUTSIDE OF ONTARIO?
If you are a dentist licensed outside of Ontario please contact the Registration Department at the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) to inquire how you can obtain a “Short Duration Certificate” (i.e. a temporary education license) in order to work with patients in this course.
Material Costs: The course tuition covers up to 3 implants and the crown restoration for each; additional options and other details will be discussed at the beginning of the course.
*Tuition Fee: $18,000
A non-refundable deposit of $1000 is required at time of registration.
The remaining $17,000 can be paid by installments as follows:
- $6,000 by August 31, 2018
- $6,000 October 20, 2018
- $5,000 December 1, 2018
No refunds after December 1!