Are U of T CDE Courses certified by any professional organizations?

The Continuing Dental Education division of the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Toronto is committed to providing dental professionals with opportunities to improve their knowledge, skill and judgement throughout their professional career.  Following a proud 140 year tradition at the University of Toronto, Continuing Dental Education programming balances rigorous, evidence-based science with the teaching of superior practical techniques. 

ACDE AGD/PaceAGD/Pace Credits

I am a foreign-trained dentist who would like to obtain a license to practice in Canada. What programs does UofT Dentistry offer?

Please visit the International Dentists page for information on this topic, or visit our Programs section for information on the International Dentists Advanced Placement Program (IDAPP).

As a foreign trained dentist who does not have a license to practice in Ontario, can I take your courses?

Foreign trained dentists can attend any Continuing Dental Education course, and there are no prerequisites for participating in lecture or hands-on courses which do not involve practice on patients. If the course requires work with/on patients, you will need to obtain a temporary education license from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO). Please contact the RCDSO for details. 

You offer a CPR re-certification course for healthcare professionals - do you also offer a first-time CPR course for healthcare professionals?

We regret that we do not offer a first-time CPR course for healthcare professionals. Please consult the internet or yellow pages for a CPR course provider in your area.

Can I get another copy of the course handout?

In order to minimize our ecological footprint, the CDE office is eliminating paper course materials whenever possible and replacing them with digital media which is sent to the e-mail address provided at registration. If you no longer have that e-mail, we can re-send it to you. If you have previously received a printed/hardcopy course handout, we will provide you with a digital replacement copy if available. Some exceptions may apply, and if so, the CDE office will notify you.

Can you recommend hotels in the area?

The University of Toronto has discounted room rates arranged with two hotels: the Westin Prince and the Downtown Doubletree. You can find contact info for both on the webpages of any of our courses. When you call the hotel, please ask them for the University of Toronto discount room rate.

Where is my course located?

You can find the course location with a link to Google maps listed at the left hand side of each course webpage.

Do I need to provide my own patient for the Implant Residency course?

It is strongly advised that you provide your own patient(s) so that you may provide ongoing patient care post-implant placement.

Can I be an observer at a course?

Yes, you can be an observer, but you will still have to register via our online registration system and pay the full course fee.

I misplaced my CDE course certificate. Can you replace it?

We can replace lost course certificates if the course was taken within 7 years from the time of inquiry. We do not keep course certificates on record past 7 years. Please send an e-mail with the course title and date/year taken, to continuinged@dentistry.utoronto.ca.

I’ve taken a Medical Emergencies course at another institution and with another instructor. Can I enroll in the Nitrous Oxide & Oral Sedation course with Dr. Haas?

In order to take the Nitrous Oxide & Oral Sedation course, you must have successfully completed the Medical Emergencies course with Dr. Haas within the last two years prior to enrolling in the Nitrous Oxide & Oral Sedation course. Unfortunately, due to the very specific nature of the course materials covered in his courses, Dr. Haas is not able to recognize Medical Emergencies courses taken with other instructors.

A course I want to take is full. Can I be placed on a waiting list?

If a course is full, you can certainly request to be put on a waiting list by e-mailing the office at continuinged@dentistry.utoronto.ca. If a spot opens, we will offer it to the person on top of the waiting list.

We have registered our dental team for one of your courses, but one of our team members needs to cancel his/her course attendance, while another would like to register. Can weswitch the attendees?

Unfortunately, course registrations are not transferable. Your team members will each respectively have to cancel and register for the course.

How, and when, can I find out about upcoming courses?

Continuing Dental Education will post courses for each new academic year on our website each July. To view courses at any given time, click on COURSES menu tab available on our website .  You may also consider subscribing to our e-newsletter or like us on facebook 


Can I transfer my course registration to a friend? I

Unfortunately courses are not transferrable, even if you can no longer attend the course. 

Can I switch my registration from one course to another?

Unfortunately, courses are not transferrable. You will need to cancel your current enrollment and register for the course you’d like to take instead.

What is your cancellation/refund policy?

The cancellation/refund policy is listed on each respective course web page: If you cancel out of a course two weeks prior to the course date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel out of a course one week prior to the course date, you will receive a 50% refund. There is no refund for cancellations after one week prior to course date. The University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry reserves the right to cancel any course at its discretion. In the event of a cancellation registrants will be notified and their course fee refunded in full. Please note that the University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry is not liable for any incidental expenses (including transportation and/or accommodation costs) associated with course cancellations.

How can I cancel my registration for a course?

Once you have registered for a course you will have received a registration confirmation e-mail providing you with the details of your registration, including the Confirmation Number. Scroll down to, and then access, the “Click here to view the event summary” link. Once you have entered the information requested on the landing page, you will have the option to modify or cancel your registration. A refund will be automatically issued based on the [cancellation/refund policy].

How do I register for a course?

Registrations are done online. It is convenient and fast, and can be done from your home or office computer or your smartphone. Choose a course and follow the prompts outlined on the registration page.