In modern therapy, the reconstruction of periodontal and peri-implant soft tissues is a key aspect of treatment for aesthetic and functional purposes.
Over the years, several surgical techniques have been proposed for the treatment of single and multiple recessions and peri-implant defects with different flap designs and connective tissue grafts, achieving an excellent level of scientific evidence.
More recently, research has focused on collagen matrices as connective tissue grafts substitutes, in order to reduce post-operative discomfort and morbidity. The aim of this course is to analyze and provide participants with the most effective techniques for the management of soft tissues defects in mucogingival and peri-implant surgery.
- Gingival recessions and soft tissue defects around teeth: diagnosis and prognosis
- Surgical techniques for soft tissue reconstruction around teeth
- Surgical techniques for root coverage in single and multiple recession-type defects
- The use of collagen matrices as connective tissue graft substitutes
- Soft tissue defects at implant sites
- Soft tissue reconstruction procedures around implants
- Different timing for soft tissue management around implants
- The role of collagen matrices for peri-implant soft tissue augmentation
Hands on workshop: Two practical exercises
- Single and multiple recession defects treatment by mean of Coronally Advanced Flap and Fibrogide
- Soft tissue augmentation with Fibrogide at edentulous ridge defects