By now you’ve likely heard the buzz surrounding silver diamine fluoride (SDF). You may not have read the abundance of scientific literature to discover just how effective this technique is at combating caries. Perhaps you have considered using SDF, but since it is not part of the vast majority of dental school’s curriculum, you’re not quite sure where to start. Learn from an early adopter of Advantage Arrest Silver Diamine Fluoride 38% how to successfully incorporate this powerful oral medicine into your practice. This session will walk you through the scientific evidence which helped earn SDF the prestigious FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation. Learn the principles of case selection, informed consent, treatment planning, and a clinical protocol for SDF. Learn how to treat cavities in a quick, effective, and painless way using Silver Modified Atraumatic Restorative Technique (SMART). Find out how offering non-invasive options like SDF and SMART can attract new patients, improve patient satisfaction, and increase internal marketing and word of mouth referrals.
- Describe the evidence for using SDF to treat and prevent dental caries
- Identify and dispel common misconceptions for SDF
- Describe the key talking points and patient education objectives for SDF
- Review informed consent and treatment planning for SDF and SMART
- Demonstrate proper documentation, coding, and billing for SDF and SMART
- Describe case selection, materials, and clinical protocol for SDF and SMART
- Demonstrate how to grow your practice by offering SDF and SMART