Early registration recommended; limited space available!
IMPORTANT: Participants attending this course must have a license to practice in Canada, and have successfully completed a Medical Emergency and Oral Sedation/Nitrous Oxide course provided by either Dr. Dan Haas or Dr. Peter Nkansah within 3 years of this June 2019 course.
This course meets the parenteral conscious sedation educational requirements of the RCDSO Standard of Practice for Sedation and Anaesthesia.
Registrants may wish to review the RCDSO Standard of Practice for Sedation and Anaesthesia in order to understand their total requirement for providing this modality of sedation in the dental practice.
Mandatory ACLS Prep:
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support training is included in the IV Sedation program. If you have already completed your ACLS training within 2 years of the IV Sedation course date, please send a copy of your certificate/card to email@example.com by February 22, 2019.
- RE0120E – 2015 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
- RE5110E – 2015 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual
PLEASE NOTE: Participants must have re-certified their Basic Life Support within one year of the course date and must email a copy of their current BLS card to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2019. (HSFO requires this to be issued within 1 year of the course date.)
- Patient assessment for safety and appropriateness of IV sedation
- Review of cardiovascular and respiratory physiology
- Review of pharmacology of sedative agents
- Review of sedation guidelines
- Patient monitoring and record-keeping
- Office set-up
- Sedation-related medical emergencies sessions
- Hands-on venipuncture techniques
- Hands-on patient sedations (20 cases)
Participants will have to successfully complete an evaluation on the knowledge and skills they have learned during this course.
- Wed June 5th & Thurs June 6th — lectures
- Sat June 8th & Sun June 9th — ACLS training
- Fri June 7, Mon June 10, Tues June 11, Wed June 12, Fri June 14 — Patient Clinics
- Thurs June 13 — Lecture & Test AM only (Afternoon off)
LICENSED OUTSIDE OF ONTARIO?
If you are a dentist licensed outside of Ontario please contact the Registration Department at the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) to inquire how you can obtain a “Short Duration Certificate” (i.e. a temporary education license) in order to work with patients in this course.
* Tuition: $19,500
Non-refundable deposit of $1000 required at time of registration.
The remaining $18,500 can be paid by installments as follows:
$9,250 by December 7, 2018
$9,250 by February 22, 2019
There is no refund after February 22, 2019